Getting married is an exciting time, but things can quickly become complicated when your partner is in a different country than you are. You may find consumed in the application process of attaining a visa while preparing for your wedding. It is a complex application, and one that is hard to understand without legal representation.

At Keith Hirschorn, P.C., we understand that preparing for a wedding can already be a lot to handle without the added tension of attaining a visa. We are dedicated to helping people in their needs with efficiency and focus.

Am I Eligible for a Fiance Visa?

A fiancé visa, also known as a K-1 visa, is available to U.S. citizens seeking to bring their foreign, non-citizen fiancé into the country. It is common for the U.S. citizen to petition for the visa on behalf of their betrothed.

If you are petitioning for your fiancé, there are certain qualifications to expect:

  • You must be a U.S. Citizen
  • That you intend to be married within 90 days
  • Both parties are free to marry
  • You met in person at least once within the last two years

If you successfully attain a K-1, the visa only allows your partner to enter the U.S. for 90 days. This is a small window of time, so most couples make arrangements for the wedding to occur right away. Make your wedding plans flexible, as it is not clear how long it will take to get the visa.

Your wedding should be a time of joy and excitement, not worrying about your immigration visa. At Keith Hirschorn, P.C., we can help you relieve some of the pressure for your upcoming marriage and allow you to focus on your wedding.